Thursday, March 29, 2012

Joys of Christmas

This Christmas is going down in history as the best I can ever remember. It 'been two years of my son to celebrate the joyous feast, but the first that could truly participate in this opening. It had a lot to choose from!

My son took his time opening each gift - tearing wrapping paper off in sections by an inch and make sure he put them all in the garbage bag. He is also a clean freak just 21 months. And of course once the gift has been opened, should be opened. Have you had the pleasure of opening a child's toy recently? Otherwise, be grateful. The toy box is connected to a screw or twist ties. But if this were not enough, the screws and / or twist ties are covered in packing tape. If you're lucky enough to have some 'people together, you can have fun prying the plastic figurines of heat-molded housing that come So after about 45 minutes to reject a gift ... he would move to the next. Needless to say, rejecting gifts was an all day event - an event very fun, full of laughter all day.

I was having a good time that I remember. I remembered when I was a child my parents told me that the best Christmas gift ever received gifts looked at me with open eyes staring ahead. Like a boy-toy craving, I could not understand what they meant. How could never be better to give than to receive? I understand everything now. My older child becomes, the more fun I have gifts. And I care less than I get. As a kid, I spent long days before Christmas the committee packet, intriguing to find out what was for me in Serbian. Now those days are spent cooking for friends and family, taking my son to play dates and reading stories about the first Christmas. A far cry from Barbie dolls and Cabbage Patch Kids, but I've never been happier.

The holidays have always been a great moment of reflection for me. This year is certainly no exception. I note that he was blessed with a healthy child and a loving husband - who have made this Christmas exceptionally large.

No comments:

Post a Comment